Many people would want to try their hands on growing greens and turning them into a landscape, since having a wonderful garden has many benefits. Unlucky for many people, not everyone is given the gift of nurturing plants. Hiring a landscape artist or a gardener is tempting, but not half as satisfying.
Fortunately, there are ways to cheat on growing your own garden as though you are pro. Some plants require the least care and can be cultured to imitate the famous Belvoir Castle and the Trebah Gardens in Cornwall. Here are some of them:
1. Fuchsias – These are easy to grow patio plants when grown from plugs and best loved for adding colour to hanging baskets. Pinch out the tips of each stem while the plants are still young to spur bushy growth.
2. Marigold – These bedding plants are another great choice that even kids can grow them. The seeds are easy to handle and grow really fast without having to wait for a long time for the colourful flowers to sprout. As posted on Long Acres Garden Centre, the marigold has many species from tall varieties for the border of small types of beds and containers, there is a marigold to suit every sunny spot in the garden.
3. Eschscholzia (Californian Poppy) – These perennials thrive in poor, dry soil and sunlight, so they are perfect for filling forgotten corners of the garden. Simply scatter them where you want them to flower and let them fend for themselves. Every year they will set seed, which will grow the following summer, creating effortless drifts of colour.
4. Sweet Peas – These little perfume bunches produce more as you pick more. The large seeds of sweet peas are easy to handle, but if sowing sounds complicated, then purchase them as plug plants. A sun-filled spot, a supportive fence, and plenty of water is all these climbers need to produce ‘home grown’ cut flowers. A word of caution though. Slugs and snails love chewing off young shoots.
5. Nigella (Love in A Mist) – Simply scatter its seeds across a patch of soil and let it grow on its own. Nigella is much tougher than it looks even with jewel-like flowers and delicate ferny leaves. As the flowers fade, this pretty plant will set seed for the following year.
There is not even a need for luck. These flowers will bloom and make up the dream garden you have always dreamed of.